Ragging is totally prohibited in SOM and anyone found guilty of ragging is liable to be punished for the same.
ANTI- RAGGING MEASURE
(Direction by University of Madras, Chennai dt. 14/06/2010)
The issues related to ragging can be represented in the written form and posted in the box provided in the Department Library. The Director / Principal upon the receipt of any complaint, will convene and discuss the matter with the Ragging redressal committee. The complaints would be addressed by the Ragging redressal committee and necessary action would be taken immediately. (NOTE: The identity of the complaint will be kept confidential)
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE OF SOM, CHENNAI FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2017 – 2018
|Mr.Jagadishan-Inspector of police Arumbakkam||044-23631220|
MECHANISM / NORMS & PROCEDURES FOR GRIEVANCE / REDRESSAL CELL
- Grievance box is provided in the Common Library for the common grievance.
- One box is kept it Department library for Grievance issues.
- All issues are solved with the Grievance Cell in charge and solved immediately. If the nature of grievance required Directors attention it will taken to the Director without delay and solved immediately.
- Monthly meetings amongst Director & Faculty to discuss issues of Academics, Administration, feedbacks and grievances if any.
- Meeting of Governing Bodies & Director once in six months duration.
- Direct access of Faculty and Students to the Director. No timings have been laid down. Thus all problems are attended to with due urgency, irrespective on the quantum of issues.
- Major issues are brought to the notice of Governing body for appropriate decision.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL CHENNAI FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018 – 2019
|Dr. R.Ganesan||Principal In charge||Chair Person||9444354133|
|Dr. U. Amaleshwari||Director||Member||9952115609|
|Mr. T.K.Prasad||Asst. Professor||Member||9884095999|
|Dr. D.Anuradha||Asst. Professor||Member||9841002428|
|Mr. Gowtham||Student President||Member||9841286308|
|Mr. Merwin Raju||Student Vice – President||Member||9551598340|